Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Advice for Highschool

The best advice I've gotten for high school was from Brittney Crocker, your local favorite media assistant. A month of so ago she wrote my friends (Bailey, Meaghan, Megan, Emily, and Molly) and me a letter. The letter was full of tips and advice for high school, I'm going to focus on and share a few of the most useful tips she wrote about. 
My favorite is the advice "take opportunities, even if you may be bad at the thing. It will always be a great opportunity to make memories that will stay with you forever." I really like this advice, it relates to everyone. Often times we are too scared to take opportunities because we're scared of what people will think of you if you aren't the best. If you are too scared to try something, you'll never know. Bring a close friend along and at the worst they'll be someone you can laugh with. Who knows! You may be really good at what ever the thing is.
Another useful piece of advice is "stick together no matter what." I think that this is really important too. I've heard that freshman year can be tough. If you have close friends that stick together, you guys will always have someone to fall back on. She said that you get closer than you think you could ever get to your friends in freshman year. Great friends can be the only thing that keeps you sane. 
Lastly, "remember through all of high school that these are going to be the best days of your life." I've heard many adults saying that they regret how quickly that wanted to get through high school. This advice definitely will help my through high school. It will encourage me to participate in everything, try my hardest, take chances, and have the most fun. 

No comments:

Post a Comment